This blog has a lot of great information for consumers dealing with debt collection harassment. Here is a roundup of some of the best posts for consumers coping with debt collection:
- What to do when a debt collector calls
- Stop debt collector calls with the TeleZapper
- Debt collection complaints going up; what to do if you get a call
- Olympus phone recording device makes it easy to record phone calls
- Debt collectors and wrong numbers: how to handle a case of mistaken identity
- In the event of a lawsuit, please head for the nearest lawyer
- So you’ve been sued, and you answered. What next?
- DIY law: respond to your debt buyer lawsuit with forms (Minnesota only)
Finally, if you are experiencing debt collection harassment and you live in Minnesota, call Sam or Nick (and soon Chris, who expects his bar exam results any day now), who can help you understand your rights and your options. If you live in another state, the lawyer directory on the National Association of Consumer Advocates is the best place to start looking for a lawyer who can help you.