From insideARM, the recommendations include:
- Require that debt collectors, whether primary creditors or third party collectors, hold all relevant documentation before issuing their first debt collection notice to the consumer.
- Require that information on prior collection attempts travel with the debt.
- Prohibit the sale of unverifiable debts.
- Eliminate the sale or collection of time-barred debt.
- Issue updated guidance for consumer dispute procedures reflecting the new technological possibilities for documented consumer disputes.